Explain both data warehousing and data mining. How are they related? List at least two techniques (decision technologies) that are used in data mining.
- Data warehousing is the capability for data acquisition, processing, diffusion of data, and storage.
- Data mining is the capacity to retrieve and summarize stored data from the data warehouse and convert it into useful information as input to management decision making.
- Data mining is efficient when company data are interconnected in a single server. This facilitates and makes retrieval and production of information.
- Data mining is only possible when the company is implementing data warehousing.
- Oracle (2002) stated that a data warehouse is a relational database that is designed for query and analysis rather than for transaction ...
The solution differentiates data warehousing from data mining.