Explain both data warehousing and data mining. How are they related? List at least two techniques (decision technologies) that are used in data mining.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:27 am ad1c9bdddf
- Data warehousing is the capability for data acquisition, processing, diffusion of data, and storage.
- Data mining is the capacity to retrieve and summarize stored data from the data warehouse and convert it into useful information as input to management decision making.
- Data mining is efficient when company data are interconnected in a single server. This facilitates and makes retrieval and production of information.
- Data mining is only possible when the company is implementing data warehousing.
- Oracle (2002) stated that a data warehouse is a relational database that is designed for query and analysis rather than for transaction ...
The solution differentiates data warehousing from data mining.
Data Warehouse and Data Mart
Please help me with at least 200 words discussing the differences between data warehouses and data marts.
Also, discuss how organizations can use data warehouses and data marts to acquire data.