I need help with the following assignment:
Cloud computing is defined by Cearly and Phifer in their case study titled "Case Studies in Cloud Computing" as "a style of computing in which scalable and elastic IT-related capabilities are provided "as a service" to customers using "Internet technologies". Cloud computing services had been provided by major vendors such as Google, Amazon, Microsoft, IBM, Hewlett-Packard, and others for business computing until recently when Apple Corporation announced iCloud for consumers. Therefore, cloud computing is now available for businesses as well as consumers.
Read the case study titled, "Ericsson", located at http://aws.amazon.com/solutions/case-studies/ericsson/, about Ericsson cloud computing.
1. Assess how Ericsson benefitted from Amazon Web Services (AWS) in terms of cost reduction, automated software updates, remote access, and on-demand availability.
2. Evaluate the scalability, dependability, manageability, and adaptability of Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Services (Amazon S3), and RightScale.
3. Examine the security concerns for cloud-based services and make suggestions to cope with these concerns.
4. Assess possible scalability, reliability, and cost issues associated with cloud computing, and make suggestions to overcome each of these issues.
Cloud Computing System
Please provide a one paragraph response for each question along with references if applicable. Please provide the responses back in a Word doc ONLY.
1. How does Salesforce.com use cloud computing? Define the Cloud Computing delivery models and services provided by Salesforce.com.
2. What kinds of business could benefit from switching to Salesforce and why? What factors would you take into account in deciding whether to use Salesforce.com for your business?
3. What people, organization, and technology factors contribute to security and control problems in the cloud?
4. If you are in charge of your company's IS department, what issues would you want to clarify with prospective cloud vendors? Would you entrust your corporate systems to a cloud computing provider? Why or why not?
5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using cloud-based enterprise applications?
6. What management, organizations, and technology issues should be address in deciding whether to use a conventional ERP or CRM system versus a cloud-based version?