See attached case file.
Answer the following questions. Provide all necessary calculations to support your answers.
1) Why do you think that HDP selected pounds of butterfat as an allocation basis? Would you suggest a different allocation base?
2) Using cost estimates from the existing system presented in table 2, would you accept the McDonald's order? Why?
3) Perform a relevant cost analysis (i.e., determine the incremental cost per gallon) of the McDonald's order. What is the minimum price HDP can charge McDonald's and still increase net income by $.05 per gallon? Make any reasonable assumptions you deem necessary.
4) What is HDP's basic mix strategy? Is the McDonald's order consistent with HDP's strategy? Explain why or why not.
5. What are the consequences of the current allocation procedures? What suggestions, other than implementing activity-based costing (ABC), would you make to Mr. Smith about improving the product costing system used in determining target prices?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 6:07 am ad1c9bdddf
Your tutorial is attached in Excel. Click in cells to see computations. Each question has a paragraph explaining how the allocations impact the pricing and how the contract from McDonald's should be priced given the current allocation methods.
Paper vs electronic publishing; Danone Group SWOT analysis, IFAS and EFAS
Mgt485 Unit 3 DB
Newspaper publishers should convert to electronic publishing over paper publishing as their primary product. Some book publishers offer already electronic versions of their textbook. Do you agree with this strategic change?
MGT485 Unit 3 IP
Research the Danone Group (http://www.danone.com/en/company/introduction.html).
Using your readings, the Library, and the Internet, write responses to each of the following:
1. What is your impression of the operation of the Danone Group? This section refers to Application of concepts / theories in respect to global operations.
2. Conduct a SWOT Analysis of the Danone Group. This would be a SWOT analysis. However, if you want, instead of SWOT, you can complete IFAS and EFAS.
3. Does the Danone Group have a competitive advantage and/or a competitive strategy? Justify your answer. Porter's model would be applicable here (Five Forces of Competitiveness & Competitive Advantage model). Please avoid repeating the concepts / theories / definitions. I am looking for you applying the concept to this question.
4. Choose one Danone Group product (http://www.danone.com/en/company/introduction.html). Describe the components of this product value chain. This section should be discussing the concept of Value Chain relevant to the company.
5. What strategic alternatives are open to the Danone Group? Explain and justify your answer. Explain and justify your answer. This section should discuss alternative strategies / recommendation (strategies such as growth, retrenchment, differentiation, stability, horizontal / vertical /forward / backward integration). Additional QUALITY research is necessary for justification of your answer.