1. Who are they are what are their dimensions?
Characteristics of leaders
2. What are they and what impact do they have on an organization?
3. Do you know the differences between the theorists and their dimensions?
4. Each theorists has different view about: Time - space - environment - collectivism - individualism
5. How has culture affected a country's politics, economy, investments and management that can a leader have on a country right future direction? ( trust, assassination, religion rules and dictators)
6. Benefits and drawbacks of multicultural organizations - What are they? Do they change depending on the country?
7. What are the key characteristics of good / effective leaders?
b. Duality is important
8. Can you describe a multicultural organization?
- Working together in a company
9. Describe the culture of a person as a whole life and things he did for the country for example Sheik Zayed - Richard P- Steve for Apple - king Abdulla of Saudi
10. Can you explain the different styles of operation in different countries?
Example, china, India , US , japan in any organization like( BANK )
11 . A small paragraph about MacDonald - Apple - Wal-Mart- V . Mega start
- Low and high cost
- Low and high quality
Who are they are what are their dimensions?
Stuart Hall - he believes culture is based on languages, and language creates power and politics. Language is the framework for organizations. He also has worked with reception theory that sates people do not accept passively what they are told. Within these two areas, we find that people are not just consumers of culture, but also the producers of culture.
Geertz - looked at the functionalist approach and dismissed it because it did not take into account the symbols and symbolic forms that cultures have, dynamic and changing, as well as the social structure.
Hofstede -put forth the cultural dimensions of nations. His theory includes comparisons of power distance (acceptance of power and equality), avoidance of uncertainty, if a country leans towards individualism or collectivism, and how they culture treats both future considerations and gender based expectations.
Characteristics of leaders
What are they and what impact do they have on an organization?
Communication skills - allows them to communicate ideas and methods between all levels of employees and management
competency - able to perform the duties, knowledge about the work and company, all of which gain respect and followers.
Vision - helps guide the company, able to see the needs of the company and apply those needs within the context of what the company wants to accomplish.
Goal setting and achievement - leaders can have goal setting skills but to actually achieve those goals, one must apply the skills of knowledge and communication to create the goals.
Inspiring - gains the clarity of a business and can make others see the future and with enthusiasm get others to participate in their goals and the company's goals.
Ambition - with ambition people do not rest on past achievements and always striving to achieve more, gaining more success.
Do you know the differences between the theorists and their dimensions?
Hofstede determines overall culture of the groups based on nationality and cultural traditions. Geertz considers the symbolism that cultures maintain and how those symbols represent the culture and its beliefs and values. Hall was concerned with the use of language as part of the structure of the culture, how people interact as both producer and consumer of information creates the structure of culture.
Each theorist has different view about time, space, environment, collectivism, individualism ...
The following problem discusses cross-cultural leadership and management.