Does union diversification make unions stronger or weaker?
How would you feel as an auto worker to see the UAW representing employees outside the auto industry?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 1:00 pm ad1c9bdddf
I actually think that union diversification makes unions stronger, largely due to the fact that this diversification would actually increase the number of paying members of the union. An increase in the number of paying union members who pay their yearly dues, would greatly increase the financial power of the ...
Strategic Management: HRM Issues/Diversification Strategies at Nucor Corporation
Conduct an analysis of Case #10 Nucor Corporation.
1. Discuss the trends in the steel industry and how it may impact Nucor's strategy.
2. Discuss the organizational structure and management philosophy at Nucor.
3. Identify three HRM issues related to strategy implementation and recommend actions to address these issues.
4. Based on the situation, recommend whether a related or unrelated diversification should be used by the company. Provide supporting rationale.
5. Based on your recommendation for related or unrelated diversification, identify the organizational structure issues that the company would need to address to implement that diversification.
1,032 words, two referecesView Full Posting Details