1. Information on Westcott Company's direct labor costs for a recent month follows: Standard direct labor rate $3.75 Actual direct labor rate $3.50 Total standard direct labor-hours 10,000 Direct labor efficiency variance $4,200 Unfavorable What were the actual hours worked during the month, rounded to the nearest hour?
2. Elliott Company makes and sells a single product. Last period the company's labor rate variance was $14,400 U. During the period, the company worked 36,000 actual direct labor-hours at an actual cost of $338,400. The standard labor rate for the product in dollars per hour is:
3. Bulkboy Fitness Equipment, Inc. was recently created to produce and sell its "Biception" arm machine. Bulkboy decided to use a standard cost system to record costs related to the production of this product. The material standard for each machine produced is 1.1 pounds of a special aluminum tubing at a standard cost of $12 per pound. During the first month of operations, Bulkboy purchased 25,000 pounds of this aluminum tubing at $11 per pound. Bulkboy used 22,000 pounds to produce 20,250 Biception machines. What is the balance in Bulkboy's materials inventory account at the end of the first month of operations?
4. Rotan Corporation keeps careful track of the time required to fill orders. The times recorded for a particular order appear below: Hours Move time 3.2 Wait time 10.9 Queue time 5.1 Process time 1.2 Inspection time 0.2 The delivery cycle time was:
a. 20.6 hours
b. 19.2 hours
c. 8.3 hours
d. 3.2 hours
5. Kingcade Corporation keeps careful track of the time required to fill orders. Data concerning a particular order appear below: Hours Wait time 18.3 Process time 1.1 Inspection time 0.1 Move time 2.0 Queue time 9.1 The throughput time was:
a. 27.4 hours
b. 3.2 hours
c. 12.3 hours
d. 30.6 hours
Word document attached answers 5 questions on throughput times, delivery cycle, hours worked, etc. are answered with explanation.