Several advertising agencies have expanded their operations to the global level so that they can offer their services worldwide.
Discuss the reasons an MNE might prefer to work with a single global advertising agency instead of a series of local or regional agencies. Explore the challenges advertising agencies face when they choose to offer worldwide services.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 1:30 am ad1c9bdddf
The most important reason is the continuity of service without the continuous integration with other entities. Across the board, all the marketing and tie ins are easily integrated and adjusted in ways necessary to meet market demands across the world without loss of message. Also, there are no message confusion and changes accomplished through multiparty ...
A discussion on why a multinational might choose to work with a single global advertising agency.
1) Test marketing cost are usually low.
True or False
2) _____reverse(s) the usual process of the first designing a new product determining it cost and then asking, "Can we sell it for that".
A)Target costing (B) Variable cost (C) Fixed cost (D) value pricing
3)According to the text the best positioning strategy is to de-emphasize_____ and use other marketing mix tools to create_____.
A)Target costing (B) Variable cost (C) Fixed cost (D) Value pricing
4) Dynamic pricing is charging different prices, depending on individual customers and situations
A)True or False
5)A marketing channel that has no intermediary level is called a(n)______.
A) indirect marketing channel (B)franchise (C) channel level (D) direct marketing channel
6) Stocking the product in as many outlets as possible is called ______
A) exclusive distribution (B) intensive distribution (C) selective distribution (D) disintermediation
7)When Nestle jointly sells General Mills cereal brands in the markets outside North America, Its an example of a(AN) ________
A)vertical marketing system(B) administered VMS (C) conventional marketing channel (D) horizontal marketing system
8) A channel arrangement in which two or more companies at one level join together to follow a new marketing opportunity is called a horizontal marketing system
A) True (B) false
9)_____ are corporations that combine several different retailing forms under central ownership.
A) corporate chain stores B)voluntary chains (C) merchandising conglomerates (D) retail cooperatives
10) T.J Maxx and Marshalls are example of ____ either owned and run by entrepreneurs or division of larger retail corporations.
A)Factory outlet stores (B) discount stores (C) independent off price retailer(D) category killer stores
11) Ralph does not take title to goods. His main function is to facilitate buying and assisting in negotiation, for which he is paid a commission on the selling price. Ralph is a ______
A)Broker or agent (B) drop shipper (C) rack shopper(D) cash and carry wholesaler
12)_____ includes building good relations with the company's various public by obtaining favorable publicity, building up a good corporate image , and handling or heading off unfavorable rumors stories and events
A) personal selling (B) advertising (C) direct marketing (D) public relations
13)Under a ______ strategy the producer direct its marketing activities toward final consumers to induce them to buy the product
A)push (B) pull (C) promotion (D) marketing
14)Apple ran ads featuring real people who had recently switched from Microsoft Window -base PC's to Macs. Apple is using a ___ style of advertising execution.
A)slice of life (B) lifestyle (C)fantasy (D) testimonial evidence or endorsement
15) A freestanding insert in the Sunday edition of The New York Times containing a coupon offering $1 off Chock-Full-o-Nuts coffee is an example of ___
A) advertising (B) direct marketing (C) public relations (D) sales promotion
16)_____ is the interpersonal arm of the promotion mix
A) advertising (B) personal selling (C)sales promotion (D) direct marketing
17)30-minute advertising programs for a single product are also known as _____
A) TV commercial (B)radio commercial (C) infomercials (D) spam mail
18)______ involves using carefully coordinate multiple -media multiple stage campaigns
A)an integrated direct marketing campaign(B) TV marketing (C) an infomercial (D) E- mail marketing.
19) During the ____step of the selling process, the salesperson should know how to meet and greet the buyer and get the relationship off to a good starts.
A) approach (B) pre-approach (C) presentation (D) handling objections
20)Search engines, portals, e-tailers and dot.coms are example of ______ selling products and service directly to finals buyers via the internet
A)click-and-mortar e-marketers (B) brick -and- mortars retailer (C) new -age business (D) click only marketers
21)One of the reasons many dot-coms failed is because their primary goals was to launch a(n) ______while the market was hot.
A) initial public offering (IPO) (B) glitzy web site (C) new web site (D) more retails outlet
22) Once a company has decided to venture into international markets it must next determine____
A)which market to enter(B)the best mode of foreign market entry(C) the global marketing programs (D)the political stability of the country
23)______ involves no additional product development costs manufacturing changes or new promotion. But it can costly in the long run if product fails to satisfy foreign consumer
A)Product adaptation(B)straight product extension (C) product invention (D) communications adaptation
24)The wheeler -lea act was enacted giving the ___ power to regulate unfair or deceptive acts or practices
A)FCC (B) FDA (C) FTC (D)ADA
25) During the consumer movement of the early 1900's Ralph Nader appeared on the scene to the force many issue.
A. True (B) False