2. How do offshore operations fit in traditional industries, such as the steel industry?
3. How can developed and developing countries exploit each other's economies as a result of globalization?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 8:07 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. Would you agree that offshore outsourcing is not only "an operational-efficiency driver but also as a key globalization enabler?" Explain.
Yes, I would definately agree that outsourcing is not just a measure to gain operational efficiency for global companies by operating in countries offering substantial comparative advantage in terms of cost, but also a great enabler of globalization by assisting developing nations in their economic development by providing them opportunities to work with global companies, creating more jobs and income and thus enhancing the standard of living of these countries. Outsourcing has motivated numerous companies all over the world to set up offshore operations and explore new markets worldwide, not only to establish manufacturing centers but also to sell their products and services in new emerging markets offering excellent opportunities. The quantum of trade has grown multifold due to outsourcing between developed and developing/emerging nations.
Outsourcing has exposed ...
Would you agree that offshore outsourcing is not only "an operational-efficiency driver but also as a key globalization enabler?" Explain.
Offshore Outsourcing and America
Offshore outsourcing and America -- Questions
1. Is Offshore Outsourcing good for the U.S?
2. What are the positives and negatives that globalization brings to the U.S.A. and to other countries?
3. What impression do you have of multinational firms that have operations in multiple countries?
4. Do you see offshore outsourcing as a threat to the American economy or a means to reducing costs as a natural result of our global world?