1) In considering the food service industry, what are four companies in the industry that pursue one of the four main busines-level strategies (low-cost strategy).
2) What is a company in the food service industry that pursues differentiation strategy?
3) What about stuck in the middle strategy?
4) What about focused low-cost and focused differentiation strategies?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com September 24, 2018, 7:55 pm ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/business/globalization/retail-industry-558759
Strategic Management Business-Level Strategy
1) In considering the food service industry, what are four companies in the industry that pursue one of the four main business-level strategies (low-cost strategy).
All firms' must form and use a business-level strategy but they may not use all the strategies (corporate-level, merger and acquisition, international, and cooperative). In a business-level strategy a firm identifies and exploits its core competencies in a specific product markets in order to gain a competitive advantage. The business-level strategy includes how the firm will compete and the decisions it will make to achieve a competitive advantage (Hitt, Ireland, & Hoskisson, 2011).
The four main business-level strategies are cost leadership, differentiation, focused cost leadership, and focused differentiation (Hitt, et al., 2011). Looking at cost leadership (low-cost strategy) that was indicated in ...
A company in the food service industry that pursues differentiation strategies are given. What about stuck in the middle strategy is discussed.