Review the Scenario (unit 1 intro)and the addenda items detailed below. ODHS selected the Worldview Globalcom product for implementation in the E-mail Upgrade Project.
? The project was accomplished in 14,960 hours versus the planned 12,000 hours, at a total cost of 1.56M versus the planned 1.25M over a ten month (versus nine month planned) schedule.
? The Worldview vendor team had five key deliverables in the project, one of which was delivered 30 days late and another 10 days early.
? The Ohio Department of Corrections, as a result of watching this effort, is deploying the Globalcom product for their organization.
? Users report that they are very happy with the new e-mail system.
? Mahoning County's infrastructure was too old to support the new e-mail system; they are being migrated next month as a separate project.
? The Worldview contract was completed within established cost.
? The Globalcom product's spam filter requires a different network configuration than is currently in place for the network.
? The project team suffered from a 20% turnover rate during the life of this project, and exit interviews reveal salary was the overall cause.
Develop a Lessons Learned document for the Worldview project with these specific action item.
2. Using the addenda items detailed above in addition to information you creatively develop, write your lessons learned based on the criteria and the three components of cost, schedule, and performance (you may use these as individual sections of your paper). Note, not all the addenda items may even be pertinent.
3. Answer the following in a summarizing, final page: Was the project a success? Why or why not? If not, were portions of the project a success, and what was the impact of those success areas on the overall determination of project success?
1. There should be a close control over every component of the cost otherwise there may be cost overruns; e.g there was cost incurred of 1.56M instead of 1.25M that was budgeted;
2. Separate budgets should be prepared for each deliverable;
3. There should be a buffer in the budget for cost overruns:
4. The cost of changing the infrastructure should be included in the cost if this is required to deploy the new system.
5. The cost budgeting should include salaries of the required staff at market rates.
1. The time schedule should take into consideration contingencies, over runs of time and extra time for unforeseen events.
2. The time schedule should take into consideration the maximum delivery time of every module and not average time.
3. The time schedule should take into consideration the need to change the congregation and infrastructure before successful deployment can be made.
4. In the ...
This solution talks about ODHS selected Worldview Globalization product.. It then develops a lessons learned document.