Huber (2004) wrote on the topic of organizational learning and knowledge acquisition. He noted that a firm or organization's survival is linked to three dependencies:
1. Survival in a dynamic and competitive business environment requires innovation.
2. Innovation requires new knowledge, or a new way of combing current knowledge.
3. New knowledge, or a new way of combing current knowledge, requires learning (Huber, 2004, p. 118).
During your course of study, you have been exposed to the areas of distance learning and virtual teams (whether working as a group or with your instructor(s) on a one-on-one basis), so you have seen innovation in terms of moving the classroom from a physical location into a virtual state. With this virtual state in mind, more and more organizations have been able to operate globally to a larger degree. Thus, the sharing of knowledge between organizations has become a valued commodity in the workplace and marketplace.
- For this question, you are to consider the creation of 5 virtual working teams.
- You should address the issues of recruiting, hiring, and training the members of these working teams.
- The teams will be situated in Washington, DC; Paris, France; Lima, Peru; Cairo, Egypt; and Moscow.
- As you address the recruiting, hiring, and training of these virtual teams, you will need to go one step further.
- All five (5) teams must work on a critical project that will require them to interact at various times of the day (despite time zones).
- What you will need to do is to address how they will contact each other and meet the deadlines for the following project.
- Here is the project that they will be working on for your company.
- Each team will be in charge of building stronger community ties with the local business members and governmental entities.
- Please describe how you would assign work tasks to each of these various geographical locations in order to build a strong tie to each geographical community.
- Further, each office will plan to open a 100-member office in their geographic location.
Yes, this is a complicated question - and external resources will be needed to support your points and findings here. You will need to include in-text citations and a references list for external references used in supporting your points for this question. You should have no fewer than 7 references for your response to this particular question.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 5:05 am ad1c9bdddf
Globalization and Knowledge Management
Recruiting, Hiring, Training - considerations
- Each member to create a Personal Development Plan (PDP)
- Each member to define the team's goals and procedures
- Each member to process high degree of technological and interpersonal skills
- Focus on individual skill sets
- Proficiency with technical tools and electronic etiquette
- Ability to form team relationships quickly and effectively
- Ability to communicate in a virtual environment
- Personality of each member should match with the "whole"
- Each team member must be versed on the cultures of the various team locations
- Consistently work on communication styles
"Training to maintain technical proficiency will be an important component of any virtual team member's continuing education program" (Kirkman etal, 2002, p. 74).
Teams will be situated in Washington D.C.; Paris, France; Lima, Peru; Cairo, Egypt; and Moscow - project that necessitates interacting at various times of the day
- Video and Teleconferencing - World clock to determine a time when all can meet; of course it may be later or earlier in some areas, but concessions must be made and should be communicated to each team during the recruiting process
- Instant messaging as a continuous means of communication
- Company ...
Globalization and knowledge management is examined.