1. Determine the year-to-year percentage annual growth in total net sales.
2. Based only on your answers to question #1, do you think the company will hit its sales goal of +10% annual revenue growth in 2005? Determine the target revenue figure, and explain why you do or do not feel that the company can hit this target.
3. Use the Percentage Sales Method and a 20% increase in sales to forecast Micro Chip's Consolidated Statement of Operations for the period September 26, 2004 through September 25, 2005. Assume a 15% tax rate and restructuring costs of 2% of the new sales figure.
4. Discuss your results from question number #1. What assumptions have you made? Do any of your assumptions seem unreasonable?
Use the annual information found here to answer this question. Calculate the following asset activity ratios for the end of 2005:
1. Average Collection Period
2. Inventory Turnover
3. Total Asset Turnover
This solution calculates the year-to-year percentage of annual growth from net sales, provides the consolidated income statement both current and forecasted, calculates financial ratios and discusses the feasibility of sales goal targets, the results from operations and the financial ratios. This solution is formatted in an attached Excel file.