Do employees in a defined benefit plan have any protections in place in the event the company goes into bankruptcy or could they lose the promised benefits?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:13 am ad1c9bdddf
Yes, contributions to a defined benefit plan are insured to a certain amount. If the company goes bankrupt, all employees will receive all of their pension amounts, and in a few cases, some of the employees will receive most, but not all, of the amount. The majority of employees do receive 100% of ...
Do employees in a defined benefit plan have any protections in place in the event the company goes into bankruptcy or could they lose the promised benefits?
Fundamentals of Human Resource Management: Benefits, OSHA investigations
1. Describe why companies provide benefits to their employees. What constitutes great benefits? What constitutes poor benefits? Let?s say that you were hired as a human resources manager and you were in charge of rolling out employee benefits for the company, how would you structure the benefits? What is your reasoning for doing so? What challenges might you encounter and why?
2. Identify and describe four legally required benefits for employees.
3. Describe why an employee might select a PPO health insurance benefit over an HMO. Statistically, which one is less expensive for the employer and why?
4. Describe the difference between a defined benefit pension plan and a defined contribution pension plan. Which one would you offer as the employer and why? Which one would be more beneficial to you as the employee and why?
5. Describe three types of flexible benefits programs. As a human resources manager, which one would you choose for your organization and why? Which one would you want as the employee and why?
1. Describe the priorities of OSHA investigations.
2. Identify and describe three methods of preventing accidents. Which one do you believe is most effective and why?
3. How are incidence rates calculated? What do the results indicate?
4. What is stress? How can it be positive? As a human resources manager, how could you help your employees reduce their stress?
5. What must an organization do differently with respect to health and safety when operating in another country?