If you were to get a physical from your Doctor and they only took your blood pressure prior to stating that you are in good health, would you be concerned? If you have noticed in your readings starting in Chapter 3 that there has been explanation of the methods by which you could determine the financial health of a company. Name one and explain how it is computed? Which financial statement(s) does the input come from? Most importantly, what does it tell you about the financial performance or health?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 1:10 am ad1c9bdddf
If you were to get a physical from your Doctor and they only took your blood pressure prior to stating that you are in good health, would you be concerned?
-- Yes, you would be very concerned because it would only show one aspect of your health, and says nothing about the overall condition of your health.
Name one and explain how it is computed?
-- Not sure what's in your textbook, but one of the most common methods ...
The solution provides an explanation of ways to determine the financial health of a company.
accounting review help
- The essentials of record-keeping.
- Preparation of simple financial statements.
- Balance sheet: Asset and Liability measurement and recognition.
- Income Statement: Revenue and expense recognition and measurement
- Account receivable; advances form customers; revenue recognition.
- Measuring and reporting working capital accounts: cash; prepayments; inventory; accounts payable; warranties; restructuring charges.
- Cost Behavior, decision making and simple budgeting: fixed and variable costs; relevant costs for decision making; cost-volume-profit analysis.
- Noncurrent assets: recognition and measurement of noncurrent assets; tangible and intangible assets; depreciation; impairment testing.
- Introduction to investments: introduction to investment in debt and equity securities; marketable securities and equity method investment.
- Statement of cash flows: preparing and understanding a statement of cash flows.
- Bonds: liabilities-bonds.
- Performance measurement: introduction to financial statement analysis; assessing firm level performance and an introduction to FSA.View Full Posting Details