Now that you have your supervisor's opinion, prepare a response for Jennifer and Mel. If you think she is right, how do you explain away Mel arguments?
2. Select a performance appraisal method for the salesperson, Web deisgner, or Web surfer, and provide reasoning as to why this is most appropriate method for this position. Along with selecting method, develop the appraisal form you would use, customized for the position you selected.
Create your appraisal form in Excel.
Be sure to include in your response all of the questions in section one of this assignment along with the appraisal form you developed and an explanation of why this is the most appropriate appraisal method.
Your supervisor has asked you to research ideas on career development activities for its employees that your company can implement. Post your ideas for the top three career development activities that you think your organization and other organizations should provide for their employees. Why are these important? Consider your answers as well as other students' answers. Based on this discussion did you change your ranking? Why or why not?
Submit your original list with a paragraph argument for their inclusion. The final paragraph should detail why you either did or did not change your rankings.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 6:56 pm ad1c9bdddf
See attached files.
I'd say I agree with Jen, because performance appraisals are essential for the effective management and evaluation of staff:
- Appraisals help develop individuals, improve organizational performance, and feed into business planning. Formal performance appraisals are generally conducted annually for all staff in the organization. Each staff member is appraised by their line manager. (Directors are appraised by the CEO, who is appraised by the chairman or company owners, depending on the size and structure of the organization).
- Annual performance appraisals enable management and monitoring of standards, agreeing expectations and objectives, and delegation of responsibilities and tasks.
- Staff performance appraisals also establish individual training needs and enable organizational training needs analysis and planning.
- Performance appraisals data feeds into organizational annual pay and grading reviews, and coincides with the business planning for the next trading year.
- Performance appraisals generally ...
The solution presents good arguments in support of the writer's opinion about the outcome for Jennifer and Mel. Also further information is attached in two more files.
Human resoures and employee performance appraisals
Jennifer and Mel disagree over the importance of having performance appraisals. Mel says its quite clear whether any particular learn in motion employee is doing his or her job. Its obvious f, for instance, if the salespeople are selling, if the web designer is designing, if the web surfer is surfing, and if the content management people are managing to get the customers content up on the web site in a timely fashion. Mels position, like that of many small business managers is that "we have 1,000 higher -priority things to attend to such as boosting sales and creating the calendar. And in any case, he says, the employees already get plenty of day to day feedback from him or Jennifer regarding what they are doing right and what they are doing wrong.
This informal feedback not with standing, Jennifer believes that a more formal appraisal approach is required. For one thing they are approaching the end of the 90-day introductory period for many of these employees, and the owners need to make decisions about whether they should go or stay. And the practical point of view, Jennifer just believes that sitting down and providing formal written feedback is more likely to reinforce what employees are doing right and to get them to modify what they might be doing wrong. "Maybe this is one reason were not getting enough sales, she says.
Now that you have your supervisor's opinion, prepare a response for Jennifer and Mel highlighting your thoughts. Here are the questions they need answered.
1. Is Jennifer right about the need to evaluate the workers formally? Why or why not? If you think she is right, how do you explain away Mel's arguments?
2. Develop a performance appraisal method for the salespeople, or Web designer or Web surfer. Please make sure to include any form you want the owners to useView Full Posting Details