Select a web site that contains e-commerce applications. Please answer the following review questions:
1) What is the URL?
2) What are the advantages in using this Web site?
3) What are the disadvantages in using this Web site?
Please see the attached file.
An example of a website using e-commerce applications is Overstock.com
Overstock.com (NASDAQ: OSTK) is an online retailer headquartered in Cottonwood Heights, Utah. Overstock.com is a leading online E-commerce marketplace, in which Internet users purchase surplus and returned, as well as new merchandise.
Ans. 1) URL- Abbreviation of Uniform Resource Locator, the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web. The first part of the address indicates what protocol to use, and the second part specifies the IP address or the domain name where the resource is located.
- A Uniform Resource Locator (URL) is a string of characters conforming to a standardized format, which refers to a resource on the Internet (such as a document or an image) by its location.
- For example, the two URLs below point to two different files at the domain pcwebopedia.com. The first specifies an executable file that should be fetched using the FTP protocol; the second specifies a Web page that should be fetched using the HTTP protocol:
Ans. 2) Advantages
In many cases, an e-commerce company will survive not only based on its product, but by having a well-organized business structure and a secure, well-designed website. Such factors include:
1. Providing an easy and secure way for customers to order. Credit cards are the most popular means of sending payments on the internet, accounting for 90% of online purchases. Card numbers are transferred securely between ...
Your tutorial is 918 words and three references and includes a discussion on Overstock and advantages and disadvantages in terms of using an eCommerce website.