Utilizing Office Depot apply the Grand strategy and explain their current and forecasted strategy (using concepts for Grand Strategy). With your experience explain if whether you agree or disagree on the forecasted strategy and why. Cite all sources.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 3, 2020, 7:31 pm ad1c9bdddf
Please see the attached file.
Utilizing Office Depot apply the Grand strategy and explain their current and forecasted strategy (using concepts for Grand Strategy). With your experience explain if whether you agree or disagree on the forecasted strategy and why. Cite all sources.
Concept of Grand strategy
Grand strategies involve giving long term direct to the company. It can be of three types:
1. Expand business operations (growth strategies),
2 Decrease the scope of business operations (retrenchment strategies),
3. Maintain the status quo (stability strategies).
Thus the grand strategy is giving direction to the company and the generic strategy is related to the product. Grand strategy is broader in view then the generic strategy.
This is the "big picture" view of the organization and includes deciding in which product or service markets to compete and in which geographic regions to operate. Thus Corporate Strategy is concerned with the overall purpose and scope of the business to meet stakeholder expectations. Critical questions answered by corporate-level strategists thus include:
1. What should be the scope of operations; i.e.; what businesses should the firm be in?
2. How should the firm allocate its resources among existing businesses?
3. What level of diversification should the firm pursue; i.e., which businesses represent the company's future? Are there additional businesses the firm should enter or are there businesses that should be targeted for termination or divestment?
4. How diversified should the corporation's business be? Should we pursue related diversification; i.e., similar products and service markets, or is unrelated diversification
Growth strategies are meant for expansion. It can be of following types:
1. Concentration strategy the firm attempts to achieve greater market penetration by becoming highly efficient at servicing its market with a limited ...
An explanation and analysis for the Grand Strategy and whether or not it is suitable for Office Depot.