For this assignment, assume you are a new manager who manages a organization of more than 50 employees. Using your career area of interest, determine and describe the scope of work performed by your department. Some ideas might include a sales & customer service department, a technology & IT group, a human resources department, a clinical department in a healthcare facility, or any other area functional area which interests you.
Your vice president has asked you to prepare and present to her a PowerPoint presentation that outlines what actions you will be taking and what you expect to accomplish during the first 90 days on the job. She requested that you be as specific as possible stating what activities you will be involved in related to all of the functions of management--planning, organizing, leading and controlling.
For each topic, state what you will do and do not simply describe the concept. For example, if talking about organizational structure, describe the organizational structure you will implement for your department and and let us know why this is the best structure for your situation. If talking about leadership style, describe your leadership style and what you will seek from managers or leaders in your organization.
Your PowerPoint presentation should be a minimum of 12 slides and no more than15 slides and include the following:
ââ?¬¢ Title page
o Planning and Goal Setting
o Decision Making Process
o Diversity Efforts
o Organizational Structure
o Human Resource Management
o Leadership style
o Managerial and Quality Control
o Information Technology and E-Business
This answer provides you an excellent discussion on healthcare facility
Scholarly Article Concerning a Long-Term Health Care Facilities Resident Assessments
The article must meet the following criteria:
1. Does the periodical title depict a very specific subject area?
2. Does the article have a complex and lengthy title?
3. Are the authorsâ?? names listed along with their degrees, titles, or other credentials and/or the names of the institutions with which they are affiliated (particularly colleges or universities)?
4. Was the article cited in a subject-specific index or database (e.g. Education Index, Medline, Sociological Abstracts)?
5. Does the periodical title contain the words Journal, Studies, Research, or Review?
6. Is the article long â?" more than five pages?
7. Does the article use technical language and specialized vocabulary? Does it assume some subject knowledge on the part of the reader? Is it complex and not easily comprehended by a general reader?
8. Does the article include footnotes, a bibliography, or list of references?
9. Is the text accompanied by tables and charts, but not many photos or drawings (unless the field is visually oriented, such as art, design, or architecture)?
10. Does the article report on the results of research or experiments?
11. Does the article include a review of the literature, i.e., a summary of other articles written on the topic?
12. Does an abstract or summary of the article appear before the article itself begins?