Why does eBay have problems in its Asian Markets? Since Asia represents a very important and profitable market for many companies. It is not unusual for many companies to draw major profits from their overseas operations so, why does Ebay have problem?
Please explain what problems the company had when entering Asian markets and how they managed those market entry problems.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 6:09 am ad1c9bdddf
1. The Asian market is attractive because of its educated and computer literate population, and state-of-the-art telecom infrastructures, among others. Best of all, though, is the potential for growth. Japan and South Korea are the most mature online marketplaces in Asia, but the dollars spent per person online show there is plenty of upward potential.
Grau, Jeffrey (2005). Looking to Asia for Sales. Accessed on 1/9/2012 from http://www.imediaconnection.com/content/6090.asp.
2. Why has eBay struggled in Japan, China and other Asia markets? In Japan, eBay's failure was a series of missteps. Firstly, eBay joined the market five months after Yahoo auctions, giving its competitor a massive head start to establish ...
The solutions looks at the failure of eBay to capture the Asian market and what it can do to penetrate it.
eBay, Inc.: The online Auction Industry
Read case and answer these:
1. What are some of the factors that led eBay to enter the online auction market?
2. Describe the competitive landscape of the online auction industry.
3. What are some of the opportunities and threats that eBay faces going forward?
4. What are some of the technology enhancements that eBay has utilized since its inception?
5. Do you feel that the online auction industry has been a viable investment for eBay? How has technology contributed to these advances?