Obtain the annual report (10-k) for Apple for the immediate past year. The form 10-k report is accessible at http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml.
Write a paper fully addressing the following questions:
1. What are the keys items covered in the financial section of the report?
2. What comprises the assets of Apple? What are the total assets of Apple?
3. What comprises the liabilities of Apple? What are the total liabilities of Apple?
4. What comprises the equity of Apple? What is the total equity of Apple?
5. Does the company have pensions and other post-retirement benefits? How much?
6. Does the company have share-based compensation? How much?
7. What is the net operating profit for the last year?
8. What is the cost of goods sold in the past year?
9. What is the earnings per share for the past year?
In the notes to the financial statements, perhaps Apple has accounting changes and errors and corrections. Discuss the stated reasons and types of changes and corrections.
Provide a segmental breakdown of the markets. What is the sales volume from each market? What is the sales trend for each market for the last two years?
Does the company have leases? Does Apple have operating leases, capital leases, or both? How does Apple account for lease obligations?
Write a report in the form of a paper for Apple under the following four headings:
1. Introduction (stating the type of business and general information on Apple)
2. Financial Report (answering the specific financial questions)
Solution helps in analysing Annual report (10-k) analysis of the Apple