John, I need your assistance once again. Please see below:
Using the information gathered from the SWOT analysis on USAA, create an EFAS table. Use Microsoft word to create the table and format using APA style. The table will have five columns. The first column heading should be titled External Factors, the second column should be titled Weight, the third column should be titled Rating, the fourth column should be titled Weighted Score, and the fifth column should be titled Comments.
1. In the External Factors column, list at least six opportunities you saw in USAA. Underneath the opportunities, list at least six threats you saw in USAA.
2. In the Weight column, assign an importance factor to each of these issues from 0.0-1.0 (1.0 is most important; 0.0 is least important). These ratings are based on the probable impact on USAA's current strategic position. The higher the weight, the more important the factor to the current and future success of the USAA. You may not be privy to the exact information for USAA, so in some cases you will need to use your best judgment. (You will justify your weighting in column five.)
3. In the Rating column assign a rating factor from 5.0-1.0 (5.0 is Outstanding; 1.0 is poor). These ratings are based on USAA's response to that particular factor. It is a judgment call on how USAA is currently dealing with each specific factor. Once again, you may need to make an estimate in this area if you are not privy to all of the information. (You will justify your weighting in column five.)
4. In the Weighted Score column, multiply the weight from column 2 by the rating in column 3 to get the factor's weighted score.
5. In the Comments column explain why a particular factor was selected and how its weight and rating were estimated.
6. At the bottom of column 4 add the weighted scores for the external factors.
7. Is USAA doing better or worse than others in the same industry? Complete this answer underneath your table.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com September 20, 2018, 10:32 am ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/business/compensation-strategies/545680
This solution provides the theoretical basis for solving the EFAS table question, and contains in text citations and references.