What are some of the ways to monitor the progress of change within an organization? Any examples would help me understand.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 3, 2020, 9:41 pm ad1c9bdddf
Excellent question! Let's take a closer look at different ways to monitor change.
1. What are some of the ways to monitor the progress of change within an organization? Any examples would help me understand.
The organizations objectives and goals (see example below) act as indicators for monitoring to see if the goals are actually being met as planned. Some examples of the concepts associated with continuous improvement:
1. Benchmark: Predetermined milestones used as "check-in" points to monitor progress toward achieving a change goal. Benchmarks serve as a way to monitor incremental progress in change initiatives e.g., increased sales by 2% in the next 6 months.
2. Designation Model: An approach to staffing evaluation where the organization or coalition designates specific staff members who will dedicate all or part of their efforts to evaluation. They are responsible for evaluation planning, data collection, monitoring, analyzing and reporting. The change goals are used as indicators e.g., have we reached the benchmark? Have our sales incre4ased by 2% at the 6 month mark?
3. Evaluation Plan: A plan of action for evaluating project activities, typically before they begin. An evaluation plan should include a goal, a detailed theory of change, benchmarks and indicators for capacity-building and change activities, as well as a clearly defined human resources model to execute the evaluation activities while the initiative is taking place. Evaluation plans are most effective when they are complemented by an ongoing dialogue, e.g. a goal might be to develop a program by a certain date. On that date, the evaluator checks to see if the goal is being met on time. And if not, why and what needs to happen to fix the problem?
4. Formative Evaluation: Formative evaluation ...
By example, this solution explains some ways to monitor the progress of change within an organization.