Explore BrainMass

Explore BrainMass

    Cash Budget - Borrowings and Repayments

    This content was COPIED from BrainMass.com - View the original, and get the already-completed solution here!

    Complete cash budget

    Of Juan's sales, 30 percent are for cash and the remaining 70 percent are on credit. Of credit sales, 40 percent are paid in the month after sale and 60 percent are paid in the second month after the sale. Materials cost 20 percent of sales and are paid in cash. Labor expense is 50 percent of sales and is also paid in the month of sales. Selling and administrative expense is 5 percent of sales and is paid in the month of sales. Overhead expense is $12,000 in cash per month; depreciation expense is $25,000 per month. Taxes of $20,000 and dividends of $16,000 will be paid in March. Cash at the beginning of January is $70,000, and the minimum cash desired balance is $65,000.

    1. For January, February, and March, prepare a schedule of monthly cash receipts, monthly cash payments, and a complete monthly cash budget with borrowings and repayments.

    Actual Forecast Additional Info.
    November $120,000 Jan. $190,000 April Forecast
    December $140,000 Feb. $210,000 $230,000

    © BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 3, 2020, 8:00 pm ad1c9bdddf
    https://brainmass.com/business/cash-budgeting/cash-budget-borrowings-and-repayments-120557

    Solution Summary

    This solution prepares a schedule of monthly cash receipts, monthly cash payments and a monthly cash budget.

    $2.19

    ADVERTISEMENT