Using the project you created in Unit 1 Individual Assignment, put together a presentation for the customer that includes the following:
1. Briefly describe the first five points of the Project Scope Checklist in relation to your project:
What are the project objectives?
List the deliverables.
Identify the milestones of the project.
List the technical requirements.
What are the limits and exclusions?
Identify the Project Priorities.
Create a Work Breakdown Structure.
Create a Responsibility Matrix.
* I'm not quite sure how I am going to start this. Another problem is, how do I create a WBS and a Responsibility Matrix? Pls help. I'm attaching the proposal letter that I did for Unit 1.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 7:39 pm ad1c9bdddf
Better services to customers through better record maintenance and retrieval, reducing cost of operations, and build a reliable automated system of billing and maintenance of records and effective utilization of time of all persons of organization.
1. All records are to be converted from physical to electronic in 6 months
2.Effective Maintenance and easy retrieval of records of a patient which has observations, medical or surgical interventions, and treatment outcomes. This record includes information that the patient provides concerning his or her symptoms and medical history, the results of examinations, reports of x rays and laboratory tests, diagnoses, and treatment plans.
3.Having patient friendly detail including patient follow up timely medical check up, treatment etc and system by which it can be delivered to patients.
5. Doctor's appointment schedule.
Milestones of the project:
1.Selection of EMR Software and deciding about required deliverables from the Software. Scale of resources required in terms of Hardware and Software depending on no. of patients to be attended. The changes in work processes and all other changes has to be planned and details worked out in advance.
2. Working detail about the personnel required and their skill updated to do the work, allocating work to all persons so that their routine work does not suffer and new system based on software can be fully operational in six months. Making a detailed plan of execution.
3. Making trial run once a set of record has been ...
Best Practices in EMR Implementation: A Systematic Analysis
Read the article "Best Practices in EMR Implementation: A Systematic Review" and answer the following questions:
1.) In your opinion, which of the three phases of EMR implementation is the most important?
2.) What role do you believe that the healthcare information manager plays in each phase of the EMR implementation? How are the skills of the healthcare manager best utilized in this type of project?
3.) Why do we need to do strategic planning for medical records and healthcare information systems?
4.) Why do you believe the role of the project manager is critical to the success of such a project?
5.) How would you as a manager gauge the success or failure of this EMR implementation project?