Is it time to ask advertisers to ensure ethically responsible management of their profession? Does the invasion of advertising make of our world a better world?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:33 am ad1c9bdddf
See the attached file.
Advertising is something which is hated by everybody across the world. However, in the world we live, everything has a brand or a logo. Even our thoughts are branded. Advertising is a necessary evil that makes people go around these brands and logos. It can be defined as an art of persuasion to propel consumers to buy products and services which are targeted by advertising. As consumer's awareness increases, ethics are becoming more and more important for making purchasing decisions. There are several advertisements which show that doing something would save the earth. There are others which play into people's desires to buy things which are claimed to be environmentally friendly but in reality are only marginally better than others. It is nothing but delusion and, at worst, fraudulent.
It is time that advertisers ensure ethically responsible management of their profession. This would include safeguards against untruthful, deceptive and misguiding practices. There is awareness about the misdeeds of advertising which have started to become highlights. Government has also reformed policies which have put a halt on ...
The solution examines ethically responsible advertising.
What are the primary differences between advertising and publicity? How ethical is advertising that appears as publicity?
1. What are the primary differences between advertising and publicity? How ethical is advertising that appears as publicity?
2. What role does technology play in global public relations? Provide a specific example.
3. What are some of the ethical dilemmas faced by marketers in emerging global markets? Explain responsible marketing practices that should be followed in emerging foreign markets.
4. Patent laws are very strong in the United States but they do not automatically carry the same power across international borders. Having said this, how would you protect proprietary or intellectual property then?
5. What do you think from a marketing perspective; wouldn't a marketer want the comment on his/her product be perceived as credible because a credible comment would lead to more sales?
6. What are some ways to share important market research across a global organization? If you were responsible for gathering research for a new market, how would you share it with your global colleagues?
7. Contests are a good way to generate excitement and attention for your product or service. Keep in mind that rules and regulations for contests will vary by country so you typically cannot use one contest across borders. Does anyone have examples of contests that they think were really good, or even really bad?
8. Given this weekend is the busiest weekend of the holiday season, what are your thoughts on how retail companies handle Black Friday? Thinking about the concepts we have talked about in class, what do you like/dislike about the sales strategies? What would you do differently?View Full Posting Details