Question: What is the relationship between statistical quality improvement and Deming's 14 points?
Deming's Fourteen Points for Management are as following:
1. Create constancy of purpose for improvement of product and services
2. Adopt the new philosophy
3. Cease dependence on mass inspection
4. End the practice of awarding business on price tag alone
5. Constantly and forever improve the systems of production and services
6. Institute modern methods of training on the job
7. Institute modern methods of supervision and leadership
8. Drive out fear
9. Break down barriers between departments
10. Eliminate numerical goals for the work force
11. Eliminate work standards and numerical quotas
12. Remove barriers to pride of workmanship
13. Institute a vigorous program of education and training for everyone
14. Create a structure in top management that will push every day ...
The relationship between statistical quality improvement and Deming's 14 points are discussed.