Provide calculations, Excel solutions, and step by step instructions for the following problems:
1. At the end of January, a parts firm had an inventory of 825 units, which cost $12 per unit to produce. During February, the company produced 750 units at a cost of $16 per unit. If the firm sold 1,050 units in February, what was its cost of goods sold?
2. A company has projected sales of $6,000 in September, $10,000 in October, $16,000 in November, and $12,000 in December. Of the company's sales, 20 percent are paid for by cash and 80 percent are sold on credit. Experience shows that 40 percent of accounts receivable are paid in the month after the sale, while the remaining 60 percent are paid two months after. Determine collections for November and December.
a. Also, assume the company's cash payments for November and December are $13,000 and $6,000 respectively. The beginning cash balance in November is $5,000, which is the desired minimum balance.
b. Prepare a cash budget with borrowing needed or repayments for November and December. (You will need to prepare a cash receipt schedule first).© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 2:13 am ad1c9bdddf
The solution computes cost of goods sold, prepares cash budget, desired minimum balance.
In terms of currency denomination, discuss how IBM prices its revenues and costs. What means do they use to hedge against exchange rate risk? What do you think would be the effect of increases/decreas
In terms of currency denomination, discuss how IBM prices its revenues and costs. What means do they use to hedge against exchange rate risk? What do you think would be the effect of increases/decreases in the dollar's exchange value on the firm's profitability?
The response addresses the queries posted in 1784 words with references.View Full Posting Details