1. In a transportation problem, items are allocated from sources to destinations at a maximum cost.
2. The linear programming model for a transportation problem has constraints for supply at each source and demand at each destination.
3. In a balanced transportation model where supply equals demand, all constraints are equalities.
4. The transshipment model is an extension of the transportation model in which intermediate transshipment points are added between the sources and destinations.
5. In a transshipment problem, items may be transported from one transshipment point to another.
6. An assignment problem is a special form of transportation problem where all supply and demand values equal 0.
Solution contains answer for Multiple choice Question with explanation