I did a fundraising dinner in the last unit; however, the professor is looking for a picnic the size of about 500. What can you do in terms of steering me in the right direction. Also, would I be able to send my report to you for proofing or editing before it is submitted to the class? Please let me know.
Thanks in advance
Here's the assignment:
Assume you are continuing to organize the company picnic you planned in the last unit. However, the company now expects attendance to be between 400 and 500 employees (including family members).
Because of the size and importance of this task, you have been given a team of six volunteers that you must manage.
Please respond to these Threaded Discussion Questions. Take time to review the responses of your classmates and provide your feedback.
As the team manager, what topics do you want to cover on your first team meeting? When would you have this first meeting? Prepare a brief agenda to include with your response.
Would you have additional meetings prior to the event? How often? Why? Would you use these meetings to monitor the progress of your team? Why is monitoring important?
In order to pull off such a large event, you will have to delegate a number of tasks to your team. How many different tasks do you think this project will require? Provide a list of the tasks in your response.
How do you plan to determine who gets which tasks? What will be your criteria for deciding? What prior experience would you look for in determining who is assigned a task? What would you do in the event a team member is unable to complete their assignment within the allotted time?
Let us answer all the questions one by one:
1) As the team manager, what topics do you want to cover on your first team meeting? When would you have this first meeting? Prepare a brief agenda to include with your response.
In the first meeting, broad details of the picnic with terms to various things such as location, activities such as games, food and drinks, logistics and decoration, finances etc. will be discussed. The meeting will also decide the allocation of responsibilities for various tasks involved and the deadline for each task. Also, the frequency and dates for the other meeting will also be decided in the first meeting. A brief agenda for the first meeting is as follows:
1) Greetings and Introduction
2) Brief summary of the project/picnic
4) Detailed explanation of expected tasks and deadlines with financial budgets
5) Brainstorming between team members for allocation of tasks and responsibilities and discussion about the best possible methods to get various tasks done.
6) After mutual consensus, final allocation of responsibilities and tasks with strict deadlines
7) Decision about the frequency and dates of other meetings.
8) Clarifications on questions and confusions.
The first meeting wll be held as soon as possible to decide on the ...
In the first meeting, broad details of the picnic with terms to various things such as location, activities such as games, food and drinks, logistics and decoration, finances etc. will be discussed.