1. How do you explain the shift of the economic mass from traditional industries to information-intensive industries?
2. What kind of tools can an MNC use to build up competitive advantage from operations?
3. Which are the main consequences of resource-induced changes in operations management?
4. Have you noticed a change of pattern in the collaboration between marketing and operations managers in your preferred industry?
5. While in the host country, how do I address potential problems related to a dual-use widget produced for export?
OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT ISSUES:
How do you explain the shift of the economic mass from traditional industries to information-intensive industries?
The shift of the economic mass from traditional industries to information-intensive industries can be explained in following way:
The shift is happening because of greater customization. The digital technology has helped to produce goods in small quantities and therefore scope of good in customized small quantities has increased.
The IT intensive industries are growing because of drastic fall of prices of Hardware and easy availability of vast amount of information through powerful internet. It has helped to create various types of Software Products and Services covering all aspects of life. Primarily this is based on automating the systems, doing vast amount of processing in very fast and cheap way. This has helped business to do information processing fast and cheap and also devise new business architecture based on IT. All this has unleashed new opportunities to satisfying the customers' new needs and expectations. The total effect of this is huge ...
A discussion on the shift in economic mass for traditional industries and information-intensive industries as well as using operations management in these situations.
Inspection at end of production process v quality during the process: cultural shift
Juran was one of the first to argue that inspecting product quality at the end of the production line was a mistake and that quality had to be built into the production process. This is a cultural shift for many operation managers since it promotes employee empowerment. What happens when inspection is done at the end of the process?View Full Posting Details