Can you give a description of five major funding sources (at least one must be a foundation) you might pursue for a breast cancer organization?
For each funding source can you give an explanation of how you would cultivate relationships with prospective donors? Discuss the following:
- How you would educate prospective donors, using specific strategies.
- How you would solicit donations from prospective donors, using specific strategies.
- How you would " appreciate" donors, using specific strategies.
Would you provide reference to review?
I have provided some ideas for this assignment. Please feel free to add and change them as you examine the websites and your own sources.
In a new technology area, crowdfunding is a great way to help kick off a nonprofit or project. Crowdfunding is an industry where people can log into sites that are created specifically to raise money for different types of endeavors including independent films, charities, inventors, small businesses, and any other fund raising needs one can have. In some sites, money is more of an investor type of giving, where the person giving money is a shareholder rather than donator.
The one I would choose is Crowdrise.com. The site is for donations for charities and non-profits. It has attracted a following of people who are inspired and give to causes and needs. The site is also popular because visitors to the site can see, through a points system, the impact that people and organizations are making in helping others.
The Ford Foundation funds organizations seeking charitable contributions by giving grants to those who apply and meet the standards set by the foundation. Foundations are actually set up to contribute to causes and ...
An outline of major funding sources for non-profits, how to educate the public, how to gain the funding, and how to show appreciation.
Governmental and Nonprofit Accounting.
1. Program revenues and general revenues are not distinguished on the government-wide statement of activities under GASBS 34.
2. Fund equity of the General Fund at the end of the fiscal year is defined as the difference between its assets and its liabilities.
3. Interfund transfers and debt issue proceeds received by the General Fund would be recorded as other financing sources.
4. All purchases of goods and services by a General Fund and all interfund transfers are recorded as Expenditures.
5. GASBS 34 requires that a combined statement of revenues, expenditures, and changes in fund balances?budget and actual be presented and that the statement include the General Fund, and major special revenue funds for which annual budgets have been legally adopted.
6. All decreases in fund financial resources, other than for repayment of fund liabilities, are termed "expenditures."View Full Posting Details