Paraphrase the following passages:
1. Thou shalt not kill. (Exodus 20:13)
2. If I don't see you, have a nice holiday.
3. All men are created equal. (Declaration of Independence)
4. Because a well-regulated citizen militia is necessary to the security of a free state, the right of individual citizens to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
5. He jests at scars that never felt a wound. (Shakespeare)
6. With reference to yesterday's electronic-mail communication from you, I would urge you to take into consideration that at this point in time there are no parking facilities within close proximity to the convention center, due to the fact that the Jefferson Street Parking Garage is currently closed for repairs.
7. Common sense tells us that long-established governments should not be changed without compelling reasons. That is why, as all experience shows, people tend to be willing to endure political abuses, while those abuses are tolerable, rather than correct them by abolishing the forms of government to which they are accustomed. But when a long series of abuses and injustices, all with the same purpose, makes clear that the government is attempting to establish a complete dictatorship, it is their right and duty to throw off the government and provide new safeguards for their future security.
8. Not every man should have the knowledge of his duty left to his own judgment; he should have it prescribed to him, and not be allowed to choose at his discretion. Otherwise, seeing the imbecility and in?nite variety of our reasons and opinions, we should in the end forge for ourselves duties that would set us on devouring one another. (Michel de Montaigne)
9. In 1994, Missouri lawmakers passed a law intended, according to a later Missouri Supreme Court interpretation, to outlaw nonconsensual sex. The law read as follows: â??A person commits the crime of sexual misconduct in the first degree if he has deviate sexual intercourse with another person of the same sex, or he purposely subjects another person to sexual contact or engages in conduct which would constitute sexual contact except that the touching occurs through the clothing without that person's consent.
1. You will not kill. (Exodus. 20:13)
2. If you do not appear, you are fired.
3. All human beings are alike and (should be treated as such) (Declaration of Independence)
4. As a well organized citizen army is necessary to protect the country, every citizen has the right to keep and carry arms.
5. Someone who has not been wounded or hurt himself laughs at scars.
6. In reply to the e-mail you sent yesterday, ...
This solution gives you a detailed discussion on Critical Thinking.