What are the characteristics a communications technology must have in order to be considered appropriate for the job?
What are the differences between synchronous and asynchronous communications? List four characteristics for each.
What factors are to be considered when communicating with virtual workers?
What are the factors to be considered when communicating with virtual students?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 20, 2018, 9:38 am ad1c9bdddf
Characteristics of a communication technology:
2. The time it will take for communication to take place.
3. The technology should allow interaction.
4. The technology should allow ease of transmission.
5. The communication technology should allow explicit handovers.
6. The communication technology should help eliminate overlaps.
7. The communication technology should make use of back channeling to improve communication.
Synchronous and asynchronous communication:
1. Data blocks are sent, for instance data packets, symbols or characters.
2. There is a time interval between the transmissions of two blocks.
3. The time interval may vary.
4. The clock generators of the sender and receiver do not have to be synchronized.
This solution gives you a detailed discussion on Communication