Individually, identify and research two companies that have faced specific issues related to those identified in the simulation - "Building a Culture for Sustaining Change" - CrysTel and connect with the course concepts. For each company selected, discuss the following in a synopsis: (A) issue identified in the scenario that is also facing the company, (B) how the company responded to the issue, and (c) outcomes of the company's response to the situation.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 3, 2020, 7:57 pm ad1c9bdddf
Topic: Leadership Development
Leadership is defined as the ability to influence, motivate, and enable others to contribute to the effectiveness and success of the organizations of which they are members (McShane & Von Glinow, 2004). Seven competencies of effective leaders have been identified as emotional intelligence, integrity, drive, leadership motivation, self-confidence, intelligence, and knowledge of the business.
1. Emotional Intelligence relates to a leader's ability to perceive and express emotion, assimilate emotion in thought, understand and reason with emotion, and regulate emotion in themselves and others.
2. Integrity is also known as "authentic leadership" because it relates to an individual acting sincerely and truthfully.
3. Drive is an individual's motivation to pursue goals.
4. Leadership motivation relates to leaders' interest in gaining socialized power as a means of influencing others to reach goals that benefit the organization.
5. Self-confidence is leaders' belief that they are capable of leading others.
6. Intelligence refers to the superior ability to process enormous amounts of information.
7. Knowledge of the business means that leaders have an understanding of the environment in which they operate and understand the organization's capabilities.
(McShane & Von Glinow, 2004)
CrysTel has strong top executives, but its departmental leadership skills especially in the Marketing and Sales departments need to improve. With transformational leadership providing timely feedback and motivation in these departments , CrysTel will be able to adapt better to its ever changing market conditions and provide a smoother transitions during these times of change.
Ford Motor Company (Successful)
In 2000 Ford Motor Company started questioning how they could develop and improve their leadership capabilities to become more consumer oriented. Ford's 2000 Corporate Citizen Report Chairman, William Clay Floyd, wrote, "the distinction between a good company and a great one is this: A good company delivers excellent products and services; A great one delivers excellent products and services and strives to make the world a better place" (Friedman, ...
This is generic benchmarking research for a fictitious organization called CrysTel including the topic of leadership development and three companies researched under that topic. It is 1,240 words and includes references.