I need your help witnh a 700 - 1,000-word paper identifying five global and/or regional trends that influence South Africa.
Discuss how these identified trends affect one or more of the functional areas (e.g., marketing, finance, value chain, HR, economics) of business within the selected country. Be sure to cite your references in your paper. Refer to your textbooks for additional references.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 10:19 pm ad1c9bdddf
South Africa offers long-term opportunities for many exporters with the right products, resources, and creativity. Plenty of market opportunities exist, however proper positioning and promotion are the most important considerations. There is a disappointing level of economic growth, persistently high levels of unemployment, increased income inequality. Due to these reasons, there is a shift a shift in the emphasis of government spending from social to economic services. The main idea is to create employment opportunities in infrastructure projects. However most of these plans and programs cost money and can only operate well within framework of macroeconomic stability. Budgetary trade-offs between such direct intervention and the ability of the economy to finance such programmes will therefore be an essential part of future macro-economic planning.The results of the commercialization, corporatisation and legal succession of the South African Railways and Harbors during 1990s led to critical underinvestment in important areas and the illogical fragmentation of assets, processes and systems. African economy is still sensitive to the availability and cost of some natural and environmental resources such as gold. With the negative ecological feedbacks of pollution and waste becoming ...
This solution of 737 words focuses on South Africa and identifies the long-term opportunities and limitations of the local and global economy. It also analyzes how low foreign direct investment affects the overall economy. References used are included.
Meta-Concert, AG, Inc: Global trends for the Transportation SBU; mission statement
There is a multi-national enterprise called Meta-Concert, AG, Inc. They are a globally-based conglomerate, with eight (8) distinct business units (called in the trade SBU's- Strategic Business Units.) Two of these SBU's are the Transportation SBU, and the Biotechnology SBU. Both SBU's value chains are integrated vertically and horizontally.
Discussion Questions, Week 1
The transportation SBU is divided into 3 major global divisions:
1. Transportation services that include railroads, marine, aircraft, trucking operations and delivery services;
2. Industrial goods, that include the production of infrastructure & equipment for railroads, marine, and aerospace; and,
3. Logistics services and support services that include warehousing, turnkey processes for engineering services for infrastructure projects, training for transportation, scheduling & materials planning services, and general logistics operations for small to medium-sized industrial concerns (called SMIE's.)
In combination, the transportation SBU's gross profit is 18.69 Billion US$, with its net income at 2.77 Billion US$. The transportation SBU's headquarters are in Anthem, Arizona, USA, with primary functional headquarters located in:
1. Manufacturing: Guangdong Province, the People's Republic of China;
2. Financing: Dübendorf, Switzerland
3. Operations & R&D: Broken down by regions:
a. North America & Caribbean: Flagstaff, Arizona USA
b. South & Central America: Porto Alegre, Uruguay
c. The Middle East and Central Asia: Manama, Bahrain
d. Africa: Casablanca, Morocco
e. Northern Asia & Eastern Europe: Volgograd, Russia
f. Western Europe: Manchester, England, UK
4. Information Systems, Accounting, and Human Resources: By region:
a. North, Central & South America: San Jose, Costa Rica
b. Europe, Russia and Northern Africa: Seville, Spain
c. Asia, the Middle East, and Sub-Saharan Africa: Jaipur, Hindustan, India
The Anthem, Arizona headquarters performs all legal services for the SBU, coordinates information, HR procedures, and regulatory processes per region, with smaller branch offices collocated with the appropriate functional headquarters. Legal services include oversee several political action committees, where permissible, to apprise various levels of governmental organizations on the regulatory impact on the Transportation SBU.
Questions to answer:
Please identify and describe three global trends that can influence one (1) of the primary divisions of the Transportation SBU;
2. Please identify and describe three economic or political risks that could influence the primary division that you chose in #1, above;
3. Out of the trends & risks, which one trend AND risk impacts the operations function the most, and the least? Why?
4. What could the transportation SBU do to ameliorate the risk? What does the transportation SBU have to do to take advantage of the trend? Please be specific.
Question set 2:
1. Write a mission statement, vision statement, and a philosophy to govern the transportation SBU's far-flung business operations;
2. Is your mission statement & vision statement ethnocentric, polycentric, regiocentric, or geocentric in its entirety? (See pages 50-51, Chapter 2 for the definitions of each.) Why did you choose to create mission & vision statements at this level? What are the implications for the SBU's operations if its mission & vision statements exist at this level?
3. Who should create the vision & mission statements, and the overall philosophy of the SBU? That is, should HQ Anthem, AZ USA create the mission & vision statements for the entire SBU, or should each division have its own mission & vision statements? Why did you choose as you did? Please explain your rationale for the choice.