Photophosphorylation is the light dependent synthesis of ATP and occurs in the chloroplast. This is a very important chemiosmotic process in a plant cell because a continuous supply of ATP is necessary for a variety of metabolic activities taking place in the ...
The expert examines photosynthesis in plants. Why plants need mitochondria are discussed.
Cell Biology basic questions
1. Glycolysis occurs in the ________, the Krebs cycle occurs in the ________, and the electron transport chain occurs in the ________ membrane.
A) mitochondria; mitochondria; mitochondrial
B) cytoplasm; mitochondria; mitochondrial
C) mitochondria; cytoplasm; plasma
D) cytoplasm; cytoplasm; plasma
E) cytoplasm; mitochondria; plasma
2. Name the three major components of a homeostatic control system and tell briefly the function of each component.
3. Cellular respiration releases chemical energy and is therefore endergonic. True or False
4. Which compartment of the chloroplast contains chlorophyll?
5. Why is water a good solvent in which substances can dissolve?
6. Are plant cells have walls made of cellulose?
7. Are plants are allotrophic?
8. Chloroplasts have a double membrane system and unique circular DNA. In this way, they are similar to mitochondria
9. Photosynthetic electron transport, like cellular respiration electron transport, is a series of redox reactions.
10. Explain negative feedback and give one example in the human body.
11. Photosynthesis is the conversion of light energy to food energy.View Full Posting Details