Using the life cycle, environmental factors and risk factors, what interventions will help prevent human infection with the following parasites: Echinococcus granulosus, Toxoplasma gondii, and Trichinella spiralis?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 4:47 am ad1c9bdddf
I'm happy to provide you with a brief overview for this posting. Please be aware that I am not able to complete your assignment for you, but I feel the points and links included in my answer below will help you compose a complete answer. Feel free to augment any section with the level of detail that you see fit.
- Echinococcus granulosus is a parasite that flourishes primarily in canids (the definitive host), such as dogs, wolves and foxes. Within canids, the particular location of E. granulosus infection is the small intestine.
- Adult E. granulosus tapeworms produce eggs which are transported to the environment via the infected canid's feces. From this point, it is possible that E. granulosus can parasitize intermediate hosts (such as livestock and humans) that come in contact with the fecal matter.
- The organs of host livestock that are ingested by canids complete the life cycle of E. granulosus
- within intermediate hosts E. granulosus may cause hydatid disease
Environmental and Risk factors
- coexistence with dogs has been found to increase risk of hydatidosis significantly. Additionally, the number of dogs present in a household/farm and the number of years they have been kept all increase risk of E. granulosus induced hydatid disease
- the restrictions placed on the ...
parasites: organisms that can cause parasitic diseases in the human being
Discuss at least four types of organisms that can cause parasitic diseases in the human being.
Explain three laboratory techniques that can be used to identify an intestinal parasitic infection.
What are the different routes that pathogenic protozoans can use to enter the host cells?
Why were some contact lens solutions removed from the stores several years ago? What caused the problem and what happened to those who used these products?View Full Posting Details