Purchase Solution

The CF gene

Not what you're looking for?

Ask Custom Question

Why do you think another mistake doesn't just correct the mutation in an abnormal CF gene?

Purchase this Solution

Solution Summary

The expert examines the CF gene randomness and mutation. A detailed solution, including probabilities is provided.

Solution Preview

The intron free mRNA encoding for the CF gene is 6129bases long and the most common mutation in the CF gene (~70% of the cases) has a 3 base deletion within the 6129 bases. (This mutation leads to a loss of Phenylalanine 508) The other 30% of mutations occur at different sites and lead to different amino acids mutations. ...

Purchase this Solution

Free BrainMass Quizzes
The Plant Body

This quiz will test your knowledge of the anatomy of a common plant.

Do You Know Your Macromolecules?

This quiz will assess your knowledge of the macromolecules that are important to living things.


Basics in biology

Pregnancy Knowledge

How much do you know about being pregnant? Test your Pregnancy IQ with this quiz!

Bacterial Genetics

This quiz test your knowledge of the genetics of bacteria.