(2) The # of chromosomes in the human white blood cell is?
(5) When a pure-breeding red flower snapdragon is crossed with a pure-breeding white flower snapdragon plant it produced plants with pink flowers. this is referred to as?
(7) When the centromere divides and chromosomes begin to migrate, the mitotic stage is called?
(9) The portion of dna molecule that is translated is composed of? exons or codons?
(10) How many different amino acids are there in proteins?
(11) All mRNA transcript begin with?
(13) Mutations can be
(e) all of the above
(14)which of the following terms refers to the processes by which the cells with identical genotypes become structurally and functionally distinct from one another? (a)metamorphosis(b)metastasis (c) cleavage (d)differentiation (e)induction
PART II: MATCH EACH EXAMPLE WITH THE MOST SUITABLE DESCRIPTION.
(b)AABB x aabb,
(d) AA/Aa X aa,
(e)Aa x Aa
(1) WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING IS NOT A TRUE STATEMENT REGARDING DNA AND RNA MOLECULES?
(a) DNA is usually double-stranded; RNA is usually single stranded
(b) nucleotides in DNA contain a different sugar from the nucleotides in RNA
(c) RNA contains the bases A,T,G, and C; DNA contains bases A,C,G, and U
(2) The most important function of nucleic acids is
(a) catalyzing chemical reactions
(b) storing energy (c)forming barrier between the inside and outside of cell
(d) storing information related to heredity and protein synthesis
See attached file
(1)a sexually producing organism has 12 chromosomes in each somatic cell, how many chromosomes would you find in the organism's gametes (sperm/egg)?
Answer: half the number or 12/2= 6 chromosomes
(2)the # of chromosomes in the human white blood cell is?
Answer: 46 chromosomes
(3)the exchange of genes between pairs of homologous chromosomes is called?
Answer: CROSSING OVER
(4) the # of male gametes (sperms) produced after one complete meiotic cell division is?
Answer: 4 gametes produced / meiosis
(5) when a pure-breeding red flower snapdragon is crossed with a pure-breeding white flower snapdragon plant it produced plants with pink flowers. this is referred to as?
Answer: Genetic interaction ( Epistatic Interaction)
(2 or more genes are involved for flower color)
(6) the # of amino acids ...
Answers short answer questions on Genetics, Chromosomes, DNA, RNA.