Of the following mechanisms in desert plants which would be the least effective in resisting drought:
Dying back of root hairs during a dry season
Expansion of total leaf surface area
Ability to store large amounts of water
Shedding leaves during the dry season
Thick walled seeds
An explanation follows.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 5:08 pm ad1c9bdddf
When answering this question think of the consequences of each of these adaptations, and also try to think of desert plants that you may know of already, especially the cactus, a plant that is very well adapted to living in dry climates.
- If the plant cuts down on its root hairs, this ...
This solution is comprised of a response of about 200 words which provides a better understanding of the topic of resistance to drought in desert plants.
Population Ecology, Community Ecology
Population Ecology, Community Ecology.
1. Pick a plant and an animal and tell me how these how plants and animals arrive, find, migrate or develop their habitat, respond to the food chain, climate and other living and non living factors. Give an example or short explanation of each. This will show you how the ecology works together
2. Ecology is called nature's laboratory. Why? What causes species distribution?
3. What is the current plight of the honey bee? What will be the outcome?
4. What causes extinction? What enhances resilience? Give examples of each.View Full Posting Details