I am new at a job and I have been given instructions that focused on Population and Sampling Distributions
I need support in proving that the use of z-scores to describe the location of a score within a distribution and to standardize scores from different populations. In addition to that, I also need to explain basic probability rules and relate them to a frequency distribution through the use of z-scores.
There is need to specify how a sampling distribution is different from a population distribution and the relationship between standard deviation and sampling error. Use t-scores to describe the location of scores with a t-distribution.
I can use either of the following materials as guide or other materials
Grove, S. (2007). Statistics for health care research: a practical workbook. (1st ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier. ISBN-13: 9781416002260 (Includes only Exercises 16, 29, 31, 36, 27 and 40)
Burns, N., & Grove, S. (2011). Understanding nursing research: Building an evidence-based practice. (5th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier. ISBN-13: 9781437707502 (Includes only chapters 9 and 11)
My instructions were to provide solutions using the context materials in exercise 29
1) I need help in solving the problems that may be faced at work in relation toExercise 29 in Statistics for health care research: a practical workbook
2) I need to complete the study questions about the reading and check my solutions to the study questions.
3) Afterwards, I need to copy and paste the Exercise 29: Questions in page 224 into a word document.
4) The Word's equation editor has to be used, etc., and provide a short written description as to how the final result is obtained.
Population and Sampling Distribution Excel Worksheet
1) Please check the Population and Sampling Distribution Excel Worksheet: AATACHED
2) Finally, I need all my solutions to the questions on the Excel document.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 5:40 am ad1c9bdddf
The solution provides step by step method for the calculation of Z score and probability using the Z score. Formula for the calculation and Interpretations of the results are also included.
Normal Probability: Probability Based on Z Score
Normal Distributions: Find Probabilities
1. The diameters of a wooden dowel produced by a new machine are normally distributed with a mean of 0.55 inches and a standard deviation of 0.01 inches. What percent of the dowels will have a diameter less than 0.57?
2. The a loan officer rates applicants for credit. Ratings are normally distributed. The mean is 240 and the standard deviation is 50. Find the probability that an applicant will have a rating greater than 300.View Full Posting Details