Assume the males and females who prefer the movie "Crash" are samples taken from the population of males and females in the U.S. Their heights are used to calculate sample statistics.
Assume alpha =.05 for question 2 through 4.
2. Formulate a null hypotheses and an alternative to test whether the mean height for the population of males is larger than that for the population of females.
Ho: ? Ha: ?
3. Calculate a "test" t statistic for your null hypotheses.
4. Find the "critical value" t statistic from table F which is I believe is 2.064
5. State your conclusion about the null hypotheses.
1. 67.9230 - 2.06 * 4.3810 /5.0990 < population mean < 67.9230+ 2.06 *4.3810 /5.0990
66.1531 < population mean < 69.693
2. H0 : the mean height for the population of males and females are equal .
3. Ha : the mean height for the population of males is ...