D. A restaurant that delivers pizza wants to be sure that the delivery times remain consistent regardless of whether they have 1 or 2 delivery drivers working. Use a 0.10 significance level to determine whether or not the mean delivery times for the two different levels of staffing are essentially the same. You may assume the populations are normally distributed and that the samples are independent.
1 Driver 2 Drivers
n1 = 28 n2 = 41
x-bar1 = 19.2 x-bar2 = 23.7
s1 = 5.38 s2 = 5.89
You will be asked to identify each of the following.
16. The justification for normality in this situation.
17. The null and alternative hypotheses appropriate for this test. (To match my answer you will need to take 1 - 2.)
18. The calculated value of the test statistic. (To match my answer you will need to take 1 - 2.)
19. The critical-value needed for this test.
20. The decision reached by this test.
The solution provides step by step method for the calculation of test statistic for the comparison of mean. Formula for the calculation and Interpretations of the results are also included. Interactive excel sheet is included. The user can edit the inputs and obtain the complete results for a new set of data.