1. What are the assumptions and requirements for an LP model to be formulated and used? Under what conditions will an LP problem: be unbounded? be infeasible? have more than one optimal solution?
2. The administrator of a large hospital made the state, "I would like to use LP, but it's a technique that operates under conditions of certainty. This hospital doesn't have certainty - so LP can't be used here. "Do you think this statement has any merit? Explain why the administrator might have said it.
3. What is the reason behind the use of the minimum ratio test in selecting the pivot row? What might happen without it? Explain your rationale.
4. Define slack, surplus, and artificial variables and explain why they are used. What does it mean if an artificial variable is in the final optimal solution? What should you do if an artificial variable is in the final optimal solution?
5. Describe the steps of the assignment method.
6. What is the difference between the three types of integer programming problems? Which do you think is most important, and why?
7. Summarize the purpose and process of goal programming. What are the chief consideration s in goal programming?
8. Is it possible to get alternate optimal solutions with the shortest-route technique? Is there an automatic way of knowing if you have an alternate optimal solution?
9. Discuss what is meant by critical path analysis. What are critical path activities, and why are they important?
10. Why is a computer necessary in conducting a real-world simulation? Explain your answer using examples.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 9, 2019, 7:56 pm ad1c9bdddf
This posting provides answers to several multiple choice and qualitative questions on quanitative analysis/operations manaagement.