Using the data from the excel spreadsheet I have attached, I need assistance answering the following questions:
- When performing a regression analysis, it is important to first identify your independent/predictor variable versus your dependent/response variable, or simply put, your x versus y variables. How do you decide which variable is your predictor variable and which is your response variable?
- Based on the "Body Fat Versus Weight" data set, which variable is the predictor variable? Which variable is the response variable? Explain.
- Using Excel, construct a scatter plot of your data.
- Using the graph and intuition, determine whether there is a positive correlation, a negative correlation, or no correlation. How did you come to this conclusion?
- Calculate the correlation coefficient, r, and verify your conclusion with your scatter plot. What does the correlation coefficient determine?
1. Add a regression line to your scatter plot, and obtain the regression equation.
2. Does the line appear to be a good fit for the data? Why or why not?
3. Regression equations help you make predictions. Using your regression equation, discuss what the slope means, and determine the predicted value of body fat (y) when weight (x) equals 0. Interpret the meaning of this equation
The following posting helps with question that involve completing regression analyses.