Use the given data (above) to answer the following questions:
1. Determine the regression equation relating X and Y? Use the formula
to determine the value of and hence find .
2. State the models being compared to determine if there is a linear relationship between Y and X (i.e. model C and model A).
3. State the null and alternative hypotheses for this model comparison.
4. Report a complete ANOVA table for the above model comparison, include R2.
5. Calculate the 95% confidence interval for β1.
6. What are your conclusions based on the significance test from the ANOVA table and the confidence interval.
The solution determines a regression equation relating X and Y. The models being compared are determined. A null and alternative hypothesis for this model comparison is given.