1) If the Z-value is used to test a null hypothesis that the population mean equals a given number, large positive and negative values of Z will lead to a rejection of H0. TRUE OR FALSE.
2) In a two-tailed hypothesis (large sample), test the test statistic is determined to be -2.5. The p-value for this test is _____________
3) Which of the following examples illustrates a study that compares two population proportions?
a. The amount of saliva secreted daily by men and women.
b. The volume of air breathed daily by track runners and swimmers.
c. The percentage of men and women who are color blind.
d. The pounds of food digested daily by adult crocodiles and water buffaloes.
4) For a one-tailed test (lower tail), a sample size of 22 at 95% confidence,
5) A bar soap manufacturer is conducting an experiment to determine how people react to 3 different brand names. Each brand name represents a (n) ___________ of the experimental factor.
6) The sum of squares________________ is a measure of the variability in the entire data collected during the experiment.
7) A linear regression between Y and X produced the following equation for the least squares line: = -4.13 + 2.1x
Which of the following statements concerning this relationship is true?
a. For every one-unit increase in X, Y increases 4.13 units.
b. For every one-unit increase in X, Y decreases 2.1 units.
c. For every one-unit increase in X, Y decreases 4.13 units.
d. For every one-unit increase in X, Y increases 2.1 units
8) Regression Analysis and Time Series Analysis are two methods used to evaluate equality among population parameters. TRUE OR FALSE.
9) A (n) _____________ is a variable that can be used to differentiate one group or population from another.
a. Observation b. replicate c. factor d. Level
10) If no correlation exists between two variables, the value of correlation coefficient is
11) The degrees of freedom for a contingency table with 12 rows and 12 columns is
12) A -0.947 correlation coefficient has been found between two variables after examining 43 pairs of observations. What can be concluded?
a. There is a strong positive relationship between the two variables.
b. There is a strong negative relationship between the two variables.
c. There is a weak positive relationship between the two variables.
d. There is a weak negative relationship between the two variables.
This posting provides solution to several question on statistics including correlation coefficient, sum of squares, regression analysis, time series analysis etc.