Explore BrainMass

Explore BrainMass

    Tree diagram for finding the probability of an event.

    Not what you're looking for? Search our solutions OR ask your own Custom question.

    This content was COPIED from BrainMass.com - View the original, and get the already-completed solution here!

    A sports psychologist performed a study of some visualization techniques that she developed to improve athletic performance. She used amateur golfers and amateur tennis players as participants. In her study 70% of the participants were golfers, and the other 30% were tennis players. (No participant was both a golfer and a tennis player.) The visualization techniques seemed quite helpful for both the golfers and the tennis players: 85% of the golfers reported a solid improvement in their performance after using the visualization techniques, and 75% of the tennis players reported a solid improvement in their performance after using the techniques.

    Let G denote the event that a randomly chosen participant was a golfer and let the complement of G be the event that a randomly chosen participant was a tennis player. Let I denote the event that a randomly chosen participant reported a solid improvement in performance after using the visualization techniques and let the complement of I be the event that a randomly chosen participant did not report a solid improvement in performance after using the visualization techniques.

    What is the probability that a randomly chosen participant reported a solid improvement in performance after using the visualization techniques?

    Fill in the probabilities to complete the tree diagram below, and then answer the question that follows.

    © BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com November 24, 2021, 11:13 am ad1c9bdddf
    https://brainmass.com/statistics/probability/tree-diagram-for-finding-the-probability-of-an-event-14896

    Attachments

    Solution Summary

    Using a tree diagram to find the probability of an event. The solution to this problem uses the formulas for complimentary events and for intersections of events.

    $2.49

    ADVERTISEMENT