Please show all work and examples
2. A compound event formed by use of the word and requires the use of the addition rule. ____ T/F
4. The sum of all probabilities in any discrete probability distribution is not always exactly one, since some of the probabilities may be slightly larger than one. ___ T/F
6. Every binomial distribution may be approximated reasonably by an appropriate normal distribution ___ T/F
7. If P(A) = 0.45, P(B) = 0.35, and P(A and B) = 0.25, then P(A | B) is:
8. Which of the following is a characteristic of a binomial probability experiment?
A. Each trial has at least two possible outcomes
B. P(success) = P(failure)
C. The binomial random variable x is the count of the number of trials that occur
D. The result of one trial does not affect the probability of success on any other trial
9. If the random variable z is the standard normal score, which of the following probabilities could easily be determined without referring to a table?
A. P(z > 2.86)
B. P(z < 0)
C. P(z < - 1.82)
D. P(z> -0/5)
10. In which of the following binomial distributions is the normal approximation appropriate?
A. n = 50, p = 0.01
B. n = 500, p = 0.001
C. n = 100, p = 0.05
D. n = 50, p = 0.02
This posting provides solution to statistics MCQs focusing on probability, binomial probability distribution, normal probability concepts, etc