Explore BrainMass

Explore BrainMass

    Probability: the wheel of fortune and expected number of people

    This content was COPIED from BrainMass.com - View the original, and get the already-completed solution here!

    See attached file for graphic.

    Wheel of Fortune In Exercises 35-38, use the small replica of the Wheel of Fortune.

    If the wheel is spun at random, determine the probability of the sector indicated stopping under the pointer 38.
    $2500 or Surprise

    14. Career fair attendance for the Nursing and Allied Health Care Career Fair, organizers estimate that 50 people will attend if it does not rain and 65 will attend if it rains. The weather forecast indicates that there is a 40% chance it will not rain and a 60% chance it will rain on the day of the career fair. Determine the expected number of people who will attend the fair.

    © BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 11:00 pm ad1c9bdddf
    https://brainmass.com/statistics/probability/probability-wheel-fortune-expected-number-people-383466

    Attachments

    Solution Preview

    If the wheel is spun at random, determine the probability of the sector indicated stopping under the pointer
    38.
    $2500 or Surprise

    Solution:

    There are total 12 ...

    Solution Summary

    This solution shows how to calculate two simple probability problems.

    $2.49

    ADVERTISEMENT